I said I would say a personal hello to as many Wine Fair visitors that I could on my blog. So, as promised, here are a few shout outs.
Taste of London Winter
- Tiffany and Carl, loyal customers, who drive past ‘another supermarket’ to get to Asda. Thank you! We love you, too!
- Gini and Andrew, their son Jonathan and the lovely Sophie – great to meet the family!
- Jason and Chiara who shared their enthusiasm for Goan cuisine – still think the Extra Special Viognier would be a great match!
Three Wine Men in Manchester
- Gillian and John who couldn’t believe that Asda has a Master of Wine working for them and who said it gave them confidence to try our own label wine – hope you’ve been trying some Extra Special and have picked a few bottles for the festive season.
- The delightfully enthusiastic Claire who we had a great laugh with and who is convinced I am responsible for changing her life by introducing her to wine. And then told Tim Atkin that she had met Philippa Carr, her heroine. Mildly embarrassing but hugely satisfying to know that knowledge paired with passion gets people interested in wine.
- Kate and Barrie who were so keen on the Mencia that they described it as a wine which gives you a hug. Just the job for wintry weather.
- Diane and Paul – thanks for a great conversation about wine and mutual friends
- Hello to Christine, Sharon and Mike from Chester – hope you’ve entered the Win Philippa competition!
And last but not least…
- All the brilliant people we met at the Wine Gang festival at VInopolis, especially the jolly bunch from the Warwick area – it was brilliant how you kept telling other visitors about our wines. And thank you for the University advice. We parents of teenagers going through the agonies of A levels definitely need to stick together!
So now I’ve stopped the travelling round the country for a bit I’m really missing the chat with customers. I would love to continue the conversations so feel free to add comments to the blog and let me know if you have done your Christmas shopping and which wines you’re enjoying from Asda.
You can add your reviews to the Wine Shop product pages as well – I’d love to hear from you.
In my next blog I shall be recommending wines for Christmas and New Year, so watch out for some of my favourites!