- Asda offers shoppers the exclusive chance to buy a 12 minute cycle washing machine – currently the fastest in the UK
- Could save the average shopper 212,415 gallons of water and 2.4 years of time in a lifetime
- In 12 minutes you could travel from Leeds to Sheffield on the train, run two miles, or cook a perfect steak…
- Can reduce Asda shopper’s energy consumption by 30% and water usage by 15%
In the words of Doctor Who: “Oh, you can do loads in 12 minutes. Suck a mint, buy a sledge, have a fast bath…”, and now you can even machine wash your clothes. A range of 12-minute cycle washing machines – currently the fastest washing machines in the UK – is now available exclusively to Asda.
The three Russell Hobbs washing machines all have a “super rapid 12 minute program”, which will save the average family a massive 212,415 gallons of water – enough water to fill almost 17 average-sized swimming pools – and a whopping 2 years 4 month of time in an average adult’s lifetime, compared with the current average 90 minute wash cycle.
This Speedy Gonzales-style 12-minute cycle is made possible by the appliances’ Twin Jet system, directly injecting water with detergent onto your washing through not one, but two nozzles. This two-nozzle approach offers an even better wash and can reduce Asda shopper’s energy consumption by 30% and water usage by 15%.
What else you can do in 12 minutes…
- Travel from Leeds to Sheffield on the train
- Make 4 omelettes for a family meal
- Cook and serve the perfect steak
- Have a shower
- Put your make up on
- Run two miles
- In an eating contest, Sonya Thomas gobbled up nearly 181 chicken wings in 12 minutes, devouring the national championship record in Buffalo, America!
All machines have a half load detection system; where the machine will operate saving washing time, water consumption and energy in certain programmes, choice of 15 programs, an easy-to-read LCD display, child lock, foam and overflow protection, balance control, and failure detection system.
Nicky Cox, Asda’s home essentials customer planner commented: “We’re always striving to offer Asda shoppers the latest, best quality and value for money products to help make their household run like clockwork. So this range of incredible 12-minute washing machines, currently the speediest in the land, has been the talk of the office and really will help families save time, energy and money.”
The 12-minute cycle Russell Hobbs range includes:
- Russell Hobbs RH1248TW 7Kg 1200 Spin Speed Twin Jet Washing Machine; 7kg load capacity and 15 programs (price: now £247 from £280)
- Russell Hobbs RH1248RTG 7Kg 1200 Spin Speed Twin Jet Washing Machine; 7kg load capacity and 15 programs. Received a Red Dot Award for product design (price: £300)
- Russell Hobbs RH1260TW 9Kg White 1200 Spin Speed Twin Jet Washing Machine; 9kg load capacity and 15 programs (price £320)
Each machine also has:
- A ratings for energy and wash performance as well as a B rating for spinning (maximum spin speed of 1200rpm)
- 15 programmes to suit almost all laundry-care requirements, including a super rapid wash, wool wash, delicate wash and a variety of cotton and synthetic washes
- Extra spinning and rinsing programmes as well as variable temperature, spin speeds and a delay start function
- A half load detection system where the machine will operate saving washing time, water consumption and energy in certain programs
- Easy-to-read LCD display, child lock, foam and overflow protection, balance control, and failure detection system
For more information and to purchase a washing machine please visit www.asda.com.