George at Asda hits the spot with the launch of mini-me polka dot Kate Middleton dress for girls
- Royal Princess tops the charts as the most aspirational woman for girls in recent poll
- George at Asda launches the ‘Mini Middy’ dress for aspiring Princesses
- The petit polka dot dress will hit stores and George.com today and is set to sell out by the end of the week
Today a poll by George at Asda reveals that Kate Middleton tops the charts as the most inspirational woman to young girls. A whopping 72% of little ladies crowned the Princess their favourite female, beating Olympian Jessica Ennis and singer Taylor Swift to the top spot.
In response George has created a Kate-inspired ‘Mini Middy’ dress for girls aged 4 to 14. The pretty blue polka dot dress, inspired by the Royal Princess’ spotty frock, will hit stores and George.com today and is expected to sell out across the week.
Brits went dotty for Kate’s outfit during her appearance on the steps of St. Mary’s hospital last month and George reported sell out sales across a number of polka dot items. The retailer also received over a thousand ‘likes’ from patriotic parents in the first hour of announcing their royal baby-grows on facebook.
The ‘Kate Middleton effect’ is expected to strike again this week as hundreds of fledgling fashionistas are set to snap up the spotty number to imitate their Royal idol.
Mums can get the royal look too with the George stripe long sleeve tee, sales are expected to increase by 450% after Kate was spotted sporting a more casual look in a similar top last week.
Head of Design Helen Low said: “Kate has quickly become the woman that young girls look up to for inspiration both in demeanour and style. The recent birth of Prince George has reignited the royal fever across the nation and brought with it a new wave of young ladies looking to emulate the young Princess’ style. We expect our new Kate inspired polka dot dress for girls to fly off the rails and sell out over the weekend as Mums treat their little Princesses.”
Notes to Editors:
Recent George poll reveals top five iconic women for girls under 15 this year:
1. Kate Middleton
2. Jessica Ennis
3. Taylor Swift
4. Karren Brady
5. Selena Gomez
- In another recent George poll 76% of Asda customers have revealed that they are influenced by Kate Middleton’s stylish ensembles
- George reported a 471% uplift and sell out sales of coloured denim following Kate’s coral jeans hockey appearance
- The retailer saw a 300% uplift in sales of a Burberry style mac after Kate was spotted wearing one
- Sales of George nude tights shot up by 500% in response to the Duchess’ frequent outings in flesh-toned tights
- George’s £25 lace dress saw a 35% increase in sales moments after the Princess stepped out in a similar customised version