Asda develops worlds smallest Christmas dinner
Capturing the taste and excitement of Christmas in just one bite is quite a challenge, but the chefs from ASDA have done just that. The supermarket has created what it believes to be the worldâ€™s smallest Christmas dinner in the form of an irresistible canapÃ©.
Bringing together a selection of the very finest ingredients, the canapÃ© features all the traditional trimmings of a Christmas dinner and has been created just in time for the festive party season.
Each individual ingredient has been handpicked by ASDAâ€™s Head Development Chef Neil Nugent with utmost care. The ingredients of the canapÃ© consist of:
- A slice of Rudolph potato with its naturally bright red colour
- A scrumptious mini-serving of apple and chestnut stuffing produced to a traditional recipe
- A spot of red cabbage to add a touch of sweetness
- A slice of the finest breast meat from rare and prized Blue Slate Turkey gilded with a saffron glaze
- , A mini Brussel sprout flavoured with sage and onion butter
- Lastly a juicy cranberry completes this contemporary interpretation of a culinary Christmas classic.
This show-stopping canapÃ© will be in-store for Christmas 2008 and in the meantime ASDA will be sharing their secrets online with the recipe available for download on the ASDA website.
Neil Nugent comments, â€˜At ASDA, we are constantly looking at product development and innovation and have devised what we believe is the ultimate Christmas party canapÃ©. Our customers are always interested in new ways to impress their guests and this certainly fits the bill â€™.