Valuable advice to keep you safe from carbon monoxide poisoning
Asda is getting behind a campaign by the charity CO-Awareness to warn campers and caravanners about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by faulty camping lights and stoves.
If you love spending time in the great outdoors, there are a few simple steps you can take to keep yourself and your family safe:
- Make sure your camping light and stove are clean and properly adjusted
- Never take a portable barbecue – or lit charcoal – into an enclosed space like a tent or caravan
- Make sure the exhaust from generators is properly vented away from occupied areas
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless, highly poisonous gas
that can kill in minutes. Mild headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, fatigue and drowsiness are all possible symptoms to watch out for, and it’s important to seek medical attention if you experience any of these.
CO-Awareness support victims, their families and friends poisoned by carbon monoxide, while trying to raise awareness among health professionals and the general public of the danger it poses. Find out more by visiting their website