Terms and conditions for our #asdaphotocake Photo Upload Competition
These are the rules which apply to your participation in our #asdaphotocake Photo Competition. By submitting your entry you agree to these rules. If you do not agree please do not submit your entry.
1. The promoter of the competition is Asda Stores Limited (“Asda”, “we”) and it is organised by IMP Media on behalf of Asda.
2. The competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding Asda employees, their immediate family, or any person or company associated with the competition.
3. To enter the competition share your photos which you think would look great on a cake with us on social media or via our photo upload form. You can enter one of three ways:
- Twitter: Post a photo from your own Twitter account including the hashtag #asdaphotocake in the tweet.
- Instagram: Post a photo from your own Instagram account including the hashtag #asdaphotocake in the caption.
- Photo upload form: Upload your photo and complete all the relevant personal information in the form on this page
4. Late, invalid or incomplete entries will not be considered, and we accept no responsibility for lost entries.
5. Your entry must be your own work and must not infringe the rights of any other party. You must own the copyright in any photograph you enter and it is your responsibility to ensure it was taken with the permission of anyone featured and that they consent to you submitting the entry for the purposes set out in these terms and conditions. If an image shows any person under the age of 16 you must have received the consent of their parent or legal guardian to make and submit the entry. Inappropriate images will be disqualified. We will also disqualify any image where we suspect the copyright is not owned by the person submitting it.
6. Copyright in any images you submit remains with you. By entering the competition you grant Asda a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual licence to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of our publications, websites, social media, in any promotional material and on our photocake packaging and marketing material in store.
7. A selection of entries may be published in albums on Asda’s Facebook page, other Asda social media channels, on Asda websites or in other Asda publications. We may publish your photo, name, home town and caption. We will not publish your email address or other contact details.
8. The prize for ten winners is one £50 Asda gift card. There will be 10 winners in total, each receiving a £50 Asda Gift Card.
9. The prizes must be dispatched to a UK postal address. The prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. Asda reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
10. The winners will be chosen by an independent judging panel who will select the entries they consider most deserving of the prize from among the qualifying entries. The result is final and no discussion will be entered into concerning the outcome.
11. The competition closes at noon on 3rd April 2014. Entries received after this time and date will not be considered.
12. The winners will be notified within 14 days of the competition closing date and the prize will be dispatched within 30 days. If the winners enter via Twitter or Facebook, we will contact you via the messaging system native to that platform – please ensure your privacy settings are configured to allow us to contact you in this way. The winners’ contact details will be passed on to a third party for prize fulfilment purposes.
13. If winners do not respond within one week of notification we reserve the right to offer the prize to a runner-up or to re-offer the prize in a future competition. The winners may be required to take part in publicity for Asda including being featured in Asda publications, websites or social media.
14. To obtain the winners’ name send a stamped self-addressed envelope to Asda #photocake Photo Competition, IMP Media Ltd, Priory Park, The Great North Road, Aberford, Leeds, LS25 3DF.
16. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the competition or the prize due to any circumstances that arise beyond our control.
17. The competition is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
18. References to Asda in these rules are to Asda Stores Limited, South Bank, Great Wilson Street, Leeds, LS11 5AD.