Create a "mini me" - 3D printing coming to a store near you soon!
We’ve had such an amazing response to our first 3D printing tour before Christmas that our 3D scanners will be touring again at stores across the country.
The 3D scanners will be visiting 50 more stores to give more customers the chance to create mini 3D models of themselves. You can see the full list of tour dates on the Asda Photo website.
There are loads of different reasons for getting a 3D model made – here are just a few examples we’ve seen from customers so far:
- Family members creating mementoes for loved ones who are going away – including military personnel serving in Afghanistan
- People showing off sporting medals they’ve won
- People showing off their uniform including a serving police officer and football referee
- Couples making models of themselves to use as wedding cake toppers
- Three generations of the same family
- People wearing fancy dress
- A fashion designer wearing her own costume
Customer Thomas Tucker, 62, from Cooperfield, Edinburgh, had a replica made of himself after he lost between five and six stone last year. He told the Edinburgh Evening News it motivates him to keep the weight off.
It’s really easy and quick to use – you simply step into the 3D scanner and we create a detailed digital model which is then sent away to be printed in full colour ceramic.
It only takes a couple of minutes to complete the scan – and your finished 3D model will be available to collect from Asda 2 weeks later – guaranteed to be a great talking point! Prices start from just £60.
Find out more about how the scanner works by watching the video above – or see what the Daily Mail had to say about the service here.
Look out for one of the 3D scanners in store over the next few weeks! See full tour details