Don't get burnt this summer! Enjoy the sun and stay safe
We want everyone to enjoy the sunshine this summer without getting burnt so we’re urging you to slap on the suncream!
At Asda we know that protecting the whole family with suncream can be pricey so we keep our price of all our suncare products as low as possible all year round.
Hermione Lawson from the British Skin Foundation says: “By the end of this summer, around 1250 people in the UK will die from skin cancer. We support Asda’s ’Don’t Get Burnt’ campaign to highlight the serious health risks posed from sun damage. What people often don’t realise is that skin cancer is largely a preventable disease, and along with clothing and shade, high protection sunscreen can help protect the skin from the harmful effects of the sun.”
Stay Safe in the Sun
TV’s Dr Dawn Harper is also backing our campaign. She has the following tips for making sure you and your family stay safe in the sun this summer:
- Slap on a capful – an average adult should be applying two tablespoons of lotion over the body and two teaspoons over the face, roughly the same amount that can be held in an eggcup.
- Use an SPF 30 or more and reapply every TWO hours and immediately after swimming.
- Stay out of the sun between 11am and 3pm when the sun is at its strongest – as a rough guide, if your shadow is shorter than you then the sun is strong enough for you to cause damage.
- Remember sunscreen has a shelf life for a reason – discard any lotions after twelve months as these will not be offering a safe level of protection.
- Don’t be fooled by a natural sun tan – it will only afford the same protection as an SPF 2-4. Darker skinned people need sunscreen too.
Protect for less
We try to keep the price of our own Sun Protect range as low as possible all year round – most of our Protect lotions are on offer at two for £6 and kids’ lotions start at just £1.50.
Our suncare products offer optimum UVA protection, in line with the Boots five star rating system, up to SPF 50+ – and are a fraction of the price of some high street own brand alternatives so you can use them without burning your pocket!