- Britain’s second largest retailer has announced LfL* sales growth of 0.5% for the 10 weeks to 30th June 2014 – continuing to deliver on its strategy to redefine value retailing.
- Clear and consistent EDLP pricing strategy driving performance – maintaining strong price gaps to rest of the Big 4
- Grocery Home Shopping continues to grow with market share now 18.4%
- Click & Collect continues to drive e-commerce growth with more than 20,000 customers per week
- George is now the second largest clothing retailer by volume in the UK
On the day that Walmart releases its earnings for the second quarter of 2014 Asda has announced that in the ten weeks to 30th June the UK’s second largest retailer increased sales on a LfL basis at 0.5% (excluding petrol)*. In continuing challenging trading conditions, the retailer increased its market share year on year by 14bps.Find out more.